(after reading this article you can see our master-built guitar series PAGE and get in touch with us to build your own Vlahopol Custom Guitar).
I want you to be a happy Guitar Player, so …
Why in the world do i want to build you a Custom Guitar? 🙂
As a manufacturer of electric custom guitars at Vlahopol Guitars we feel it is an important factor to answer the question,
“Why should I get a custom made guitar?”
Before we explain we can tell you form experience there are only three types of players in the world:
– Players that want to sound like everybody else – Literally like everybody else. All the cheap stupid guitars will give you a very unpleasant ugly common sound.
– Players that want to sound like somebody else – See all Players that buy a Signature guitar and pay loads of money to sound like their Hero.
– Players that want to sound like themselves – These are the smartest players there are. They want so sound like THEMSELVES
As a brand, Vlahopol Guitars is here for the last category.
It is an important question considering the availability of good quality “relatively inexpensive” factory made instruments.
Few reasons come to mind to justify the purchase of an electric custom instrument.
- – The Customer does indeed receive a guitar that is unique and custom built to meet his needs and expectations in every way.
- – The Customers can express their personality and they get involved in the whole process of making the future instrument:
- – The Customer will pay the same or maybe even less than what you pay for a Signature Guitar or for a “6,000.00 euro Limited Edition Guitar”
– The selection of tone woods in a way that is just not available in a factory made instrument, including “custom made” factory instruments.
– More importantly the tone and play-ability of the guitar are also fully customization.
– Neck widths, tapers, thickness, profile and scale length can all be custom tailored to meet a player’s needs.
– The tone can be shaped not only by choosing appropriate body size/styles and tone woods, but by controlling the thickness of the soundboard and back,
– Choosing the appropriate bridge, and by customizing the pattern and carving of the braces, etc.
– A customized hand built guitar is only limited by the customer’s imagination and knowledge of his or her own needs and desires.
- – Another reason for considering a custom built guitar is related to the first in that every piece of wood is as unique as every customer. This means that each piece of wood has to be evaluated and selected to suit the needs of the customer.
- – Each piece of wood has to be handled differently in regards to thickness and bracing. Wood can have a surprisingly wide range of properties with regard to stiffness and weight, not only within the same species, but even when selected from the same tree.
- – A custom built guitar often include forward thinking features in their guitars that are not practical for a large company to incorporate. Features that enhance the quality of the guitar.
- – While the advantage of large scale manufacturing is economy in the final price, the advantage of small scale building is the flexibility to innovate. As a result, many hand builders include features that enhance structure and stability or improve ergonomics, play-ability and tone. Often many of these features are standard in hand built guitars.
Hopefully when making a decision you will take into account these considerations in purchasing your next guitar.